Kennebunkport is quickly becoming a “foodie” destination! With its innovative menu options, James Beard Award winning chefs and locally sourced ingredients, Kennebunkport’s restaurants offer world-class dining and exceptional cuisine. Ranging from authentic Thai food to upscale, new American, Kennebunkport’s dining options will satisfy any craving and oblige any budget.
Dine seaside on Maine lobster and fried clams…enjoy local meats and cheeses in Kennebunkport’s hub or savor homegrown, heirloom vegetables and creative fare tucked away amongst a sweet fern and birch forest. Whatever you long for, you’ll find it here.
Some of our favorites include:
Award Winning One Dock, located at the Kennebunkport Inn and in the heart of Dock Square, was cited as Chef Gordon Ramsey’s “favorite meal in Maine”. Offering favorite, native Maine dishes with a bold, fusion flair, One Dock also extends outdoor patio dining during the summer months. Live entertainment can be enjoyed in their lively piano bar, nightly in the summer, and Friday and Saturday evenings during off season.
With its farm-to-fork focus, Earth delivers creative, exceptional cuisine in an unparalleled atmosphere. A recent collaboration with James Beard Award winning chef and Boston restaurateur, Ken Oringer, Earth uses heirloom vegetables, fresh herbs and edible flowers grown in two onsite gardens to provide flavor that only fresh ingredients are capable of. Relationships with local purveyors enable Earth’s chefs to create notable fare implementing fresh seafood, handmade cheeses and homemade charcuterie. Earth’s décor is rustically beautiful, as the outdoors has been brought in. A grand, floor to ceiling stone fireplace and candlelight provide a warm, cozy feel and nightly outdoor bonfire fulfills the evening.
Prominently situated on Goose Rocks Beach, The Tides Beach Club menu features seaside favorites with a creative twist! Satisfy your raw bar cravings with delectable fruits of the sea, nosh on crispy fried clams or enjoy a classic steamed lobster dinner. The Tides Beach Club also has a vibrant bar and cozy front porch, perfect for enjoying a signature cocktail, while the scents and sounds of the sea set a relaxing tone.
With inventive food, a warm atmosphere and stunning views, Ocean at the Cape Arundel Inn invites guests and community members to linger. Executive Chef Pierre Gignac’s new menu reveres the coastal Maine oceanic harvest with an approach of French-inspired simplicity.
At David’s Kennebunkport restaurant, patrons can converse over cocktails and food while taking in the glistening water views. Executive Chef Turin has put a creative twist on classic coastal menu items such as steak and lobster white pizza with garlic butter grilled steak, lobster, roasted tomato, caramelized onion, goat cheese, arugula, cracked pepper, parmesan, lemon and parsley. Diners can sit at an arched mahogany bar or at tables positioned alongside the floor-to-ceiling windows that open up for al fresco dining during the summer. Additional outdoor dining is available on a wrap-around deck.
David's Opus Ten is a restaurant within a restaurant. It is David Turin's opus, a culmination of his years of being a chef. A unique dining experience focused on quality food and harmonious wine pairings, dinner consists of nine courses that flow effortlessly from start to finish. Opus Ten will be serving dinner Tuesday through Saturday, accepting reservations from 6-8pm.
Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily, and creative pizzas are cooked in the wood-burning oven. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna. With a long communal table spanning the restaurant, the social atmosphere is further enhanced with a bar serving handcrafted cocktails, New England artisanal beers and an extensive wine list.
Located in downtown Lower Village, Tia’s Topside offers fresh seafood and sushi, lobster many ways and an outdoor fire pit surrounded by rocking chairs. Enjoy lunch, dinner or weekend brunch on their outdoor porches, overlooking bustling Lower Village Try their Boneless Buffalo Wings!
Click below for restaurants by type:
- The Ramp - Eclectic, casual atmosphere pier side – try their Burger or Bolognese…
- Alisson’s - Great location in the heart of Dock Square and offering fantastic, casual dining. Their Lobster Roll and pizzas are great choices!
- Bandaloop - Organic and all natural ingredients and a warm, inviting atmosphere.
- Federal Jack’s - Classic brewpub featuring microbrews and pub style food. Large outside deck offers great views of the Kennebunk River.
- The Pilot House – Favorite locals’ hangout, featuring fresh seafood. Be sure to order some house special “dirty” chicken wings.
- Pedro’s - Kennebunkport’s signature Mexican food spot with creative cocktails and tasty Mexican favorites – try the Nachos with Carnitas!
- The Clam Shack - Won “best lobster roll” on the Travel Channel’s Food Wars, and features fresh fried seafood.
- 50 Local - Organic and sustainable fare paired with innovative cocktails, in downtown Kennebunk.
Lobster and Seafood
- The Cape Arundel Inn- a Kennebunkport landmark since 1895, the Cape Arundel Inn has been serving dinner for more than 60 years. Dining is on the formal side, and a dress code is requested.